Udo is an Island situated on the eastern end of Jeju. It was named Udo because this Island look like a lying cow. This place is like a miniature of Jeju.
What attraction you can find at Udo?
- local heritage eg. female divers , stone walls and stone tombs.
- fertile soils and abundant of fish
- scenic sights.
- more towards maritime tourism
- Seobin Baeksa (a coral beach designated as Natural Monument No. 438) always appear in films and TV commercial. It has emeral blue sea water and white smooth sandy beach.
What you activities you can do at Udo?
- there are many homestay and pension at Udo for you to spend a night there
- you can enjoy fishing, bike trails, sand massaging , submarines and cruises tour.
I took ferry call Udoland at 2:30pm from Seongsan port. Mainly local tourist. Return ferry ticket cost KRW5,500/-person. The journey from Jeju to Udo mainland by ferry take around 30 minutes.
First offer to rent this small bike is KRW35,000/- then walked further down somebody else offered to get this for KRW30,000/- for 2 hours. End up tour Udo with this Yellow lil bike.Oh! if you wanna ride this you need international or local driving license. My friend have this...so I no need to worry just sit back and enjoy the view.
If you visit Udo, don't forget to eat groundnut ice cream. This yummy ice cream!
Udo is famous with ground nut.
I bought this peanut hot cakes from the Udo mute seller. She hide inside her van because its cold weather and use sign language to communicate. Love this peanut hot cakes.
Tomorrow will be the post for my final feast in Jeju and my first time taste the Jeju orange.