Recently, Chingu's Dad had a 'Brain Stroke' and he pass away peacefully on Tuesday morning 16th September 2014 , Malaysia day. R.I.P! He is at old age.
So everybody thinks...ahhhh! he is old and this is old age sickness and time to go?
Well the fact is about old age sickness and so on...when time to go...its doesn't discriminate in term of age, race, gender , wealth and so on. Times to go means...you need to go without any turning back chance!
Same goes with strokes or maybe other sickness. Often strokes occur unexpectedly in the lives of people who consider themselves as 'mint and perfectly healthy'! Many disbelief when this happen!
I have one friend who died at age of 38 years old. He has a good build and fit. He exercise regularly and eat healthily. At least this is how I see his lifestyle. He died because of stroke while playing tennis. Most of our friends really feel like cannot accept this news. Among all of our circle he is consider top when come to health. Moreover, he is freaking 38 years old!
Stroke totally comes as a shock and lie an unforgiving, attach on health and well being. It also change the lives of a stroke survivor and loved ones forever.
Do you think you are at low risk to get stroke???
Look back to your lifestyle and do some assessment!
There is some risk factors that have been proven to increase the chances of having stroke in you.
Controllable Risk Factors :
2. High Blood Pressure / Hypertension
4. Atrial Fibrillation - common symptoms : Heart palpitations, sudden pounding, fluttering or racing sensation in the chest and dizziness or feeling light headed.
5. Circulation Problems
6. Smokers or any related tobacco users
9. Atherosclerosis - this is a silent disease and can only be detected by doctor so regular check up is good for you. This is the progressive buildup of plaque like fatty deposits and other cells in artery walls which clog arteries and block the flow of blood to the brain or other parts of the body.
10. No active physically - exercise is very important all!
Uncontrollable Risk Factors :
4. Family History
5. Previous Stroke
6. Fibromuscular Dysplasia - medical disorder which some of the arteries carry blood throughout the body do not develop as they should be and fibrous tissue grows in the wall of the arteries which cause them narrow. This lead to stroke because blood flow through arteries decreases.
7. Hole in the Heart
We unable to do anything on the uncontrollable risk for stroke but we can do something for the controllable risk factors.
While we can......let us live healthily my dear friends!!!!