Most people visit to Kaohsiung as a side trip from Taipei. I went to Taipei and Hualien on early April 2016. I regretted so much since my leg was hurting so much and unable to cover many part of Taipei. I then booked my way to Kaohsiung which is the Southern part of Taiwan. I was there for 11 Days / 10 Nights. Yup! too long for some of you thought. I have my own disability to cover this in shorter days. Use up the many number of days to travel and explore at my own phase.
Ready to use itinerary if you fly to Kaohsiung :
* 2 Nights - Kaohsiung
* 2 Nights - Cingjing
* 1 Night - Alishan (overnight at Hotel near Train Station)
* 2 Nights - Sizhuo (Tea plantation Homestay)
* 3 Nights - Kaohsiung
Where to go in Kaohsiung for 4 Days 3 Nights ?
You don't need 5 nights like me in Kaohsiung. You are much healthier to explore Kaohsiung in shorter days. It is possible to do this in 4 Days 3 Nights.
Day 1 (Full Day)* Pier 2 Art District - Modern Art Wharf
* The Love River
* Wufu 4th Road
* Central Park Shopping Area
Day 2 (Full Day)* Visit to Cijin Island
* Former British Consulate at Dagou
* Kaohsiung Harbour (optional)
* Sizihwan Bay
* Sun Yat Sen University (optional)
Day 3 (Full Day)* Lotus Pond
* Shopping District at Zuoying District
Day 4 (Full Day)* Singuang Ferry Wharf
* Sanduo Shopping District
* Kaohsiung Tower
Its meaningless to visit Taiwan and skip the famous night market. There 3 famous night market that I know in Kaohsiung.
* Rueifeng Night Market (I would rather skip this one.)
* NanhuaNight Market (totally prefer this one)
* Liouhe (small scale but still worth to visit)
Where to go if you have 3 Days 2 Nights in Cinjing ?
You don't need 3 Days and 2 Nights here in Cinjing. All you need is just 2 Days / 1 Night. The hotel I stayed provide me with Free entrance ticket to most of the attraction.
Take note, this requires lot of walking and hiking.
* Green green Grassland
* Walking trail
* Little Swiss
* Book a good hi tea at beautiful castle and sip you tea or coffee with fresh baked bread while enjoying a magnificent view.
Where to go in Alishan ?
It is worth to spend 2 or 3 Nights here in Alishan. I love the natural view here. The hiking trail has a lovely view.
* Catch 4am train to view the sunrise. WTH! no sunrise for me. isk isk isk
* Hiking Trail and breathe lots of fresh air
* Booked yourself at any homestay near tea plantation
* Enjoy the walking trail there while enjoying the beautiful view and breathe lots of fresh air.
* Explore old town down at Fengzhihu, sample the street food
* Take the Forest Train down to Chiayi
From Chiayi you can take the high speed train back to Kaohsiung. Just a simple itinerary if you are visiting to Kaohsiung. I spent a lot in transportation. High Speed train cost isn't cheap. Its more or less Japan price. But I could say the service here is also almost similar to Japan. You pay higher and you get what you expected. So...I have no complaint at all.