The Korean taught me the 10 steps of beauty regime which I find it too long. I always follow the 3 simple steps of taking care of my skin which is : CLEANSING , TONING , MOISTURIZING. That was when I was early 20s and mid 30s . When reached to late 30s and now eventually at the 40s, I increase my beauty regime from 3 steps to 5 steps.
I admitted that I am too 'lazy ass' and also a 'Scrooge' when it come to pay for my own 'facial' and beauty parlor which I think is freaking expensive and painful, so I do my best for my own home care.
Let me expose to you my 3 Steps Skin Care Routine.
Step 1 : Cleansing
* I cleanse my skin with facial cleansing twice a day. One in the morning before shower and one at night before go to bed
* I will make sure my cleanser is gentle cleansing wash instead soup which will dry out my skin.
* I didn't use any cotton swab or anything. I just use my fingers and massage the cleanser onto my face lightly, gently and meticulously to get rid of oil and dirt.
* I never clean my face more than twice a day because I find it too much to do that and it will completely wipe our all the moisturize oil from my face.
* It's okay to have some oil on your face because it's needed to make skin maintain younger.
Step 2 : Toning
* I never skip this step because I need to enhance the cleanliness on my skin.
* Toning helps to close up pores to prevent infections to you skin
* Since I am the oily skin type so I use the non alcohol like toner
* I apply toner with my fingers like applying lotion. I never use cotton swab.
Step 3 : Moisturising
* Our face need moisturizer to restore the oil back after all the cleansing and toning because we will be staying under sun or bright lighting.
* To maintain younger looking skin we need to moisturize which will prevent dryness, flakiness , acne and also wrinkles.
* Don't over moisturize skin because it can also clog up pores.
Like I said this is my routines until I was in mid 30s. Then I further enhance my routines to extra 2 regimes to slow down my skin aging process.
Step 4 : Exfoliating
* I exfoliate at least 2 times a week
* Exfoliating do a good job to scrub off the old and ugly looking dead skin cells and grow the new and slow down the ageing process.
* It also helps to slow down the process of wrinkles , age spot , acne and uneven skin appearance.
* Make sure avoid your eyes when you exfoliate and don't do it too hard on your skin .Just a gentle exfoliate for about 1 - 2 minutes before wash off.
Step 5 : Facial
* If you affordable just go for at least monthly facial at your favorite beauty center. But me too 'scrooge' so I did it at home and only visit such center like once or twice a year.
* Why you need to go for monthly facial?
- Steam is used to really open pores to extract out even more dead skin particles
- Facial also remove black heads , white heads and blemishes.
Since I don't visit facial center on monthly basis so I just add in some extra care to my skin.
I will make sure I spray on soothing gel mist to keep my dry skin moisturize through out the day. Recently, I have been using Always21 Aloe Vera Soothing Gel from Korea. This gel mist can be spray onto all over part of your body so you are top to toe moisturize. I love the refreshing effects after spraying this mist onto my skin.
Visit Always21 Official Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/always21malaysia
I love applying mask sheet when going to sleep. I make sure to use this at least twice a week.There are many types of mask sheet nowadays so you just need to have fun and buy the one you love and applicable the most.
Some of my mask sheet favorites :
Since I am a that ageing side...so I need something that can at least reduce my fine lines. So this b.Live by Cellnique Fine Line Stopage Original Japan Silk Mask do some goodness for me. Accordingly, it helps to do some youth preserving, fine line preventing, firming and brightening.
This super versatile mask freezes creases in their tracks, frost collagen in right place and lends a radiant au naturel glow which we can't get enough of!
Made in Singapore by Cellnique for www.blivskin.com
I love Nature Republic Snail Solution Hydrogel Mask Sheet. It contains snail secretion filtrate and its refreshing texture soothes distressed skin gently, embracing the surface of the face , moisturizing skin from inside out.
Official site : https://www.facebook.com/naturerepublicmalaysia
We done with our facial regime...now time for our hair. Hair is also a beauty to all of us. I don't really loyal to any particular hair shampoo . Recently, I have a chance to try out Matrix Biolage Colorlast Shampoo. This brand is very new to me. But after using it for one month now. I find this shampoo helps to provide me healthy and sleek looking hair.
Color-treated hair can fade and lose it's luster over time. Inspired by nature's fade-defying orchid, Biolage COLORLAST Shampoo helps maintain the color depth, tone and shine for vivid color-treated hair. Give her hair salon-vibrant color for up to 9 weeks.
- When using the system of COLORLAST Shampoo and Conditioner vs. a non-conditioning shampoo.
- Low pH shampoo for color-treated hair helps prolong color vibrancy
- Gently cleanses to prevent unnecessary stripping of color
- Paraben-free formula is suitable for color-treated hair
Matrix Biolage have many other hair products range. You can visit their official website to find out more.