If you are an Asian like me, it's common hearing mum or elders nag to drink more water all the time. Well, nothing annoying about this. In fact, this is a good reminder since drinking water at least 8 glasses a day good for your body and immune system. Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!
I am not sure about other country but especially in Asia, we don't blatantly drink water from our pipe in the sink. We either require to boil water or get a good water filter. At least water filters remove contaminants. There are many types of water filter in the market. Some even offer hot and ice cold water features. It can be difficult to choose the best water filter. Here I list down some of the basic checklists to help you to make a good decision on which water filter suit your needs.
How To Choose A Home Water Filter?
1. Study on POE (Point Of Entry) and POU (Point Of Use) systems
Commonly, there are two types of water filters available for home use. POE systems treat all the water that enters your home and then connects to the water meter or some pressurized water tank. While POU systems, treat water at the point where it is being consumed such as the sink or even shower head. POU systems can be installed externally or internally.POU that is installed internally, filter the water usually passing through the pipe.
2. Research more information on different types of POU systems
POU filters such as built-in filters, refrigerator filters and even pitcher filters can be mounted directly to the faucet, under the sink or the countertop.
3. Check on Water Contamination level and evaluate based on your needs
This is the most important information required for your decision making to narrow down your water filtering system best suit your needs. Usually, you could easily find this information from your local government website, newspaper or any other online channel. The contamination can be in the form of visible particles or invisible bacteria.
Well, if the contamination in the water is toxic, then the POE filter is suitable since it cleans all the before entering your house water. A POU filter on the faucet, if you are only filtering the water for taste.
If you are in doubt, consider consulting a Certified Water Treatment Professional or someone who has experience in doing so.
If you are looking for water filter Singapore, you can consider filtec.com.sg who has vast experience and a passionate team with water filtration and purification. My SG friend highly recommended them not only to provide professional advice but also helps in solving the problem in their area of expertise.
Most of their water filter selection centred on lean engineering that exceeds conventional devices while maintaining its effectiveness. Mostly designed for maximum simplicity in usage. Good news for us who favour a plug-and-play concept and fewer maintenance costs.
I was using a countertop twin water filter at home since all I need is just a peace of mind kind of filter water with better taste. Basically, the water is safe for my consumption. But there are many countertop twin water filters in the market. You are spoiled with choices!
|Xeltro CT22-Countertop Twin Water Filter|
My Singapore friend recommended Xeltro CT22 - Countertop Twin Water Filter.
Xeltro CT22 - Countertop Twin Filter features :
- Designed and manufactured in Japan
- Filtech Technology for cleaner and better-tasting water
- 7 Layer Ultra Twin Filteration
- Eliminates up to 99.99 percent of Bacteria, Impurities and Chlorine
- 3 mode-switch: Filtered, Unfiltered Shower, Unfiltered Stream
Xeltro CT22 - Countertop Twin Filter specification :
- Overall dimensions : 320mm x 230mm x 100mm
- Weight : 0.8kg
- Flow Rate of 21/minute
- Lifetime of 6000 L or approx. 6 - 8 months
- Pressure: 0.1 - 0.4 Mpa
Warranty - 1 year
|7 Stage Ultra Twin Filteration|
1. The first filtration process is 5mm thick ceramic filter to filter sediments, heavy metal, rust giardia, cysts and bacteria of larger or equal to 0.1 micron in size while a the same time still preserves necessary minerals. Common bacteria such as E-Coli and Cryptosporidium are rejected.
2. FIR (Far Infra Red) layer is used to soften hard water which eliminating offensive odours and preventing bacteria growth. As FIr resonance with water, it activates and ionizes water molecules, which make the water tastes fresher. This provides a health benefit that helps to balanced acidity levels in the body and raises oxygen levels.
3. Ion Exchange Resin percolates water through bead-like spherical resin materials. These sodium ions are exchanged for every calcium or magnesium ion removed from the water and subsequently preventing bacteria build-up.
4. Anti Bacterial Ions kill bacteria and deter bacterial growth by breaking down organic compounds that comprise bacteria such as bacteria cell membranes.
5. Alkaline Medium raises the pH level of the water which ads in neutralising acid in your body, which can lead to various health benefits including preventing diseases such as cancer and liver disease.
6. KDF Activated Carbon which KDF stands for Kinetic Degradation Fluxion. KDF granular activated carbon incorporates absorption and catalytic reduction mechanism for embellished and augmented purification efficiency. since it is equipped with activated carbon filtering for removal of residual chlorine up to 99.99 per cent, VOC's and other impurities, so it deodorizes, improve the colour and taste of water.
7. Finally, the Filtech Hybrid Carbon Membrane Technology for further pervasive particle exclusion filtration to discard hanging colloids and eliminates up to 99.99 per cent bacteria and maintain the quality of drinking water.
Filtech pledges :
* A Free delivery for all orders above SGD60 and receive the item as early as the following day
* State of the Art Purification Technology - strive to adopt the most advance and effective purification method
* Hundred Percent Tested and Certified product safe for consumption and usage
* Impeccable Quality Standards - designed and manufactured in Japan by trusted and reliable suppliers with only premium materials and ensure the highest standards for quality.
There are many reasons why every home and office should install a water filter. Why? Water is a basic human need. It just we need to keep it on top of our mind that all H20 is not created equally. You require a filter for clean water.
If you are in Singapore and currently looking for a water filter and air purifier, do browse Filtech or make an inquiry with one water filter professional consultant.